Stockroom Inventory Specialist
Corning | Kennebunk, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning's Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Major Responsibilities/Ongoing Tasks:
- Retrieve parts from receiving, check that all parts received are correct part and quantities.
- Put away parts, check for correct quantities on hand.
- Check all requisitions for the prior day, make sure all parts were requisitioned with correct quantities.
- Perform cycle counts of maintenance. Storage areas at least twice a year.
- Assists with parts going out for repair or wrong parts that came in:
- Package them, work with purchasing for parts to be sent out, fill out paper work and ship.
- Work with purchasing on uploading, pricing, and, locations for new parts.
- Maintain storage areas as the spare parts list grows:
- Could include reorganizing parts, having procurement order new bins and shelving.
- Work with purchasing to help with part number changes from manufacturer.
- When parts are left in cart and not requisitioned, check quantities and requisition if need be.
- Use Maximo for non- PeopleSoft items requisitioned, have procurement order parts that get below minimum order points.
- Work with VMI vendors and purchasing with to manage vendor inventory.
- Kit parts that are need for rebuilds of equipment and Preventive maintenance.
- Sorts and place items on racks, shelves, or bins
- Weights or counts items for distribution within the plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Preforms shipping transactions, creates all required paperwork.
- Requires good communication and team skills.
- Requires good Computer skills
- Works closely with Accounting and Maintenance personnel.
- As assigned by Planner and Maintenance Manager
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Maine