System Administrator III
Spectrum Healthcare Partners | South Portland, ME
The Systems Administrator III is the senior technical member of the IT Services Delivery Team which supports Spectrum Healthcare Partners production IT platforms; both in proactively supporting the environment and resolving system issues across our Microsoft hybrid cloud environment spanning our on premise/cloud production platform leveraging MS Azure and Office 365. These platforms provide both general business support and healthcare systems in support of our diverse patient population in hospital, clinical and ambulatory surgical centers.
This position is responsible for the effective provisioning,installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Mentors Spectrum's Service Delivery Team of System/Network Administrators and System Specialists in the routine operational management of the company's technology portfolio in the resolution of routine service requests and successfully diagnoses, troubleshoots and ultimately resolves incidents. Leads effort for routine maintenance of the production environment and either partners with or escalates service issues with the Engineering team based on escalation and support framework.
Supports and applies ITIL and ITSM framework in management of service requests and incidents. Where such resolution is beyond the capabilities of this team provides well documented escalation requests to the Engineering team for ultimate disposition and once resolved updates knowledge bases sufficient to reduce repetitive service requests in the future. Provides the Engineering team well documented requests when necessary to ensure Engineer lead efforts meet the needs of the general production environment. Meets with Engineers and Project Teams as necessary to provide Service Desk and operational environment requirements sufficient that the Engineers can provide relevant system solutions.
- Primary Tier 2 escalation point for other IT personnel; technical resource for vendor management and support issues
- Supports Microsoft platforms across multiple on premise systems and Azure/Office 365 cloud environments
- Provides direction and mentorship to junior personnel on how to diagnose and resolve production environment issues
- Provides first response of server incidents, management of trouble ticketing and daily maintenance / monitoring of systems
- Assists other IT Operations team members with user application and end-user computing issues
- Performs daily system monitoring,verifying the integrity and remediation of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs,and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Supports and assists vendor driven upgrades
- Manages enterprise monitoring platforms to identify degraded systems and security issues
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning and report these issues for resolution to the Engineering Team for resolution
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required. Develops and maintains concise process documentation related to responsibilities.
- Proactively participates in change/incident management solutions; advocates for these protocols across the Operations team as needed
- Collaborate with System Engineering team on future projects, changes and implementations
- Maintain personal adherence to professional and confidentiality standards established within the department and in accordance with legal, ethical and internal policies
- Attend meetings as assigned and participate in educational activities to keep enterprise skills current to environment
- Displays cooperative behavior and interacts positively and effectively with others to promote a team environment
- Is proactive in identifying, reporting and participating in the resolution of any potential or safety issues
- Performs other duties necessary to maintain the overall efficiency and continuity of the department
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times
- Takes responsibility for delivering superior value and client service
- Approaches opportunities and issues with an optimistic, action-oriented, and solution-based approach
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent in significant demonstrable previous experience in healthcare industry or within a managed services provider environment
- Knowledge of and 5+ years' experience with HIPAA, PCI and PII
- 7+ years of supporting a multi-site MS Active Directory and/or MS Azure AD Premium environment
- Knowledge and experience with Exchange in a multisite/MS Office 365 hybrid environment
- Expert Experience with Windows Server roles and features such as DNS, ADFS, DFS, TCP/IP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP, NTFS Security, Print Server, IIS, RDS, and DHCP.
- Operational management experience with Microsoft Clustering technologies/methods; able to demonstrate troubleshooting techniques for both on premise and via hybrid cloud environments
- Operational management experience with enterprise storage solutions; such as Nimble or NetApp
- Expert operational knowledge of enterprise virtualization solutions; such as MS Hyper-V/VMware technologies
- Expert experience with Windows Sever and Active Directory including Local and Group Policy, Security hardening and Remediation
- Extensive experience with PowerShell and/or other enterprise operational scripting toolkits
- Extensive operational knowledge with enterprise backup and recovery solutions such as Actifio
- Operational management experience with end user computing tools; such as SCCM application packaging and OSD deployment methodologies
- Operational management experience of Network and TCP/IP routing/sub netting, SAN and NAS connectivity
- Operational management experience of enterprise monitoring tools such as: SCOM, SolarWinds, CISCO Prime
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
- Self-directed, autonomous and results oriented individual dedicated to improving the operations environment
- Ability to build strong partnerships with business partners and project teams
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Weekend and night work will be required, frequency will depend on project and business requirements
- Travel to various sites of service
- Work environment includes computer related noise levels
- Continual use of computer keyboard, mouse and other associated peripherals
- Extended standing and walking and ability to lift computer equipment (30 - 50 pounds)