Biddeford Savings Bank | Biddeford, ME
This is a float teller position. This person will travel between the Bank's branch locations in Biddeford, Kennebunk, Waterboro and Scarborough.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides the highest level of customer service, demonstrating “treating customers like owners.”
- Adheres to the Bank’s Core Values and Service Standards.
- Provides prompt, courteous and efficient service to branch customers at the teller and drive-up windows, branch lobby and by telephone.
- Demonstrates ability to handle routine service issues independently.
- Refers customers to the appropriate bank personnel for more advanced problem resolution.
- Actively promotes the bank’s services and products, answers questions, assesses customer needs and delivers services or refers to other bank personnel as appropriate.
- Performs other branch duties as required in order to exceed customer and bank expectations.
- May cross-train for other duties within the teller area.
- Meets or exceeds established objectives and standards for teller performance.
- Processes customer deposit and withdrawal transactions (including night drop deposits).
- Accepts and processes loan and mortgage payments.
- Cashes checks.
- Issues money orders, cashier's checks, gift cards and travelers checks.
- Issues or redeems savings bonds.
- Conducts transactions accurately and in compliance with established bank policies and procedures.
- Answers inquiries related to customer account balances and account activity.
- Provides customers access to safe deposit boxes.
- Refers customers to other bank personnel as appropriate.
- Maintains acceptable cash balancing record.
- Maintains teller work station and surrounding areas in good order.
Security and Compliance:
- Maintains acceptable cash limits.
- Complies with all Federal and State banking regulations and all Bank and branch operating and security policies and procedures, including information security.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Be punctual for scheduled work and use time appropriately.
- Perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner.
- Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
- Be neat and maintain a professional appearance.
- Comply with all Bank policies and procedures, including BSA and Information Security policies.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the Bank by keeping information concerning Bank operations and customer information confidential.
- Abe to consistently treat others with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Must have proven communication and interpersonal skills.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time, and use hands and fingers extensively to operate a standard computer keyboard and working at a computer monitor. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time operating a computer keyboard and working at a computer monitor
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time while waiting on customers
- Must be able to lift cash boxes and currency/cash bags of approximately 20 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Usual branch office conditions. Noise level is usually quiet.
Travel in one's own automobile or with others is required.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- 1 year of experience in sales or retail experience desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- High school graduate.