Pine State Trading Co. | Gardiner, ME
The Transportation Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all of the activities related to the delivery operations at Pine State Trading Co. Priorities include safety, excellence in service, efficient routing, on-time dispatching and deliveries.
- Schedule daily and seasonal delivery routes
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Hire, train, counsel employees
- Establish seasonal staffing level strategies and work with HR to fill open positions
- Creates and enforce training guidelines to ensure drivers are DOT compliant, customer service oriented, professional and courteous and makes safety a top priority
- Communicate daily with Customer Service, Operations Management, Sales, Routing and the Finance Department
- Conduct daily huddles with drivers communicating special procedures and other customer needs for the day
- Solve any issues revolving around employee misconduct, late deliveries and customer complaints
- Enforce accurate order verification with the customer, obtaining customer’s signature after verifying all transactions
- Ensure all paperwork and payments collected from deliveries are submitted in a timely manner
- Resolve all delivery issues with assistance from Customer Service, Sales and Director of Operations.
- Ensure that Drivers have the information and tools needed in order to perform at the highest level
- Ride with Drivers on a regular basis to evaluate performance and identify training opportunities.
- Work with the Fleet Manager and Director of Operations to ensure a clean, safe and well- maintained fleet
- Utilize Road Show routing software and driver input to improve on time deliveries and to create the most efficient routing strategy.
- Report all incidents immediately to the Safety Manager and Fleet Manager.
- Review the accuracy of time clock punches and trip sheets for payroll purposes.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations
Supervision: Responsible for supervising Driver Supervisor, Delivery Drivers and Driver Helpers.
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, Operations Manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of all areas of the supply chain, budgets and financial controls
- Familiarity with logistics software
- Superb problem solving, organization and communication skills
- Flexibility to work extended hours
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Regular and sustained periods of physical exertion requiring ability to lift, carry and position objects using proper body mechanics.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions