Truck Driver-Class A
Goodwill Industries of Northern New England | Gorham, ME
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- 30% employee discounts at Goodwill stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Valuable job training with growth potential.
- Access to internal job lists for advancement opportunities.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Generous paid time off plan
- 403b retirementplan
- Flexible scheduling
- Discounts on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
The schedule for this position is Friday -Tuesday7:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Collects, transports, and/or delivers goods to various Agency retail stores, processing sites, and salvage operations.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- Drives Agency trucks and Tractor Trailer with up to 53’ box, delivers and or picks up product at specified destination(s) in a courteous and responsible manner.
- Maintains contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions as necessary.
- Obtains and maintains a powered industrial truck license.
- Maintains neat and clean donation sites in order to portray positive image of Goodwill.
- Inspects truck and tractor components such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water on daily basis; follows truck maintenance schedule; assures that truck is properly cleaned.
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing and requires an annual DOT physical.
- Loads and unloads both trucks and tractor trailers and secures cargo before and during transit as necessary.
- Maintains accurate mileage and time logs according to state and federal regulations, as well as Agency procedures. Including accurately maintain mileage driven in any state outside of the state of Maine.
- Operates baler, filling, compressing, tying off and moving bales of materials to assigned storage areas when needed as well as operates a forklift in safe and efficient manner as needed.
- Performs daily maintenance on forklift an trucks as needed.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.