Utility - 1st, 2nd & 3rd Shift
Nichols Portland, LLC | Portland, ME
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position consists of a variety of responsibilities. The activities range from rough and final assembly operations, loading and unloading of parts at various operations, inspection and packing of parts. Utilization of some hand tools may be required.
- Work from process sheets, perform SPC requirements, inspect all tooling and gaging to assure that it is functional, visually and mechanically inspect finished parts and equipment before and after operating.
- Maintain necessary records, move material as necessary in performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, unsafe and unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations, and maintain quality standards.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience, special knowledge, capabilities, qualifications:
- Be proficient in working with process sheets
- Ability follow verbal and written direction
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Willingness to learn
Job related demands (i.e. physical, travel):
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 35 lbs without assistance and occasionally up to 50 lbs. following company safe lifting protocol
- Ability to work in an environment with powdered metal, dust, noise, oils and chemicals
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to conduct processes that are repetitive