Vice President, Retail Business Development Southern Maine Healthcare
Southern Maine Health Care |
Our health care organization seeks to increase its channels of access to community members in our primary service areas, while also supporting the success of the Patient Centered Medical Home concept. The underlying goals for this position include increasing the number of patients with affinity to the full spectrum of SMHCs services, increasing in and out-patient marketshare, and ultimately to optimize the sustainability of SMHC under any reimbursement model. Increasing channels of access may include adding walk-in centers in key markets, creating and sustaining standard models of operation (open hours, staffing, transitions of care to primary care and other SMHC services, key performance indicators, etc), and leveraging telehealth and other innovative access enablers. A key competency associated with this role will also be the ability to cross-sell appropriate SMHC services to individuals and companies, increasing the ways in which they relate to our organization. This position includes direct responsibility for the Retail Health Program, including Walk-in Centers and the WorkWell Occupational Health Program. This position includes a "matrixed" responsibility for the following programs: Out-patient Pharmacy, Sleep Program, Out-patient Imaging, Out-patient Rehabilitation, and Bariatrics. The VP, Business Development will collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team and Planning and Development Committee of the Board to develop and advance SMHC's Retail Strategy.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Health Care is required and a Masters is preferred
Experience in Health Care is required, experience in Retail Health Care is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is expected; proficiency with contact management software is strongly preferred
- Skills in analyzing and synthesizing market data, drawing inferences, and making recommendations is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations and functions is required
- Sales skills and demonstrable history of program growth is strongly preferred
Quality & Customer Satisfaction
- Understands retail health care operations, market data, competition and trends and applies them to the unit's operation.
- Analyzes business unit reports and compares to targets benchmarks, and competitors' performance. Assimilates market data and partners with the Senior Leadership Team to make recommendations for new retail locations or expansions/modifications of existing retail services.
- Learns and shares relevant, emerging practices proactively.
- Identifies potential clients (individuals or companies) in target markets who may be an appropriate fit for SMHC services and makes connections, with a goal of matching their needs with our services.
- Identifies potential clients (individual or companies) in the target markets who may be an appropriate fit for SMHC services and makes connections, with a goal of matching their needs with our services.
- Cross-sells SMHC services to existing clients, in accordance with their needs and our capacity.
- Develops and implements a system for contact management/ community cultivation, ensuring that individuals and company relationships are appropriately nurtured.
- Partners with Walk-in Center staff and leadership to ensure access and service standards are designed to competitively position our services in each market.
- Partners with WorkWell leadership to study client relationships and make recommendations for growth of occupational health or other SMHC services where opportunity for growth exists; nurture those company relationships.
- Transfers knowledge and skills around contact and relationship management to appropriate members of SMHC Management Team; works with appropriate internal and external partners to develop training tools and systems.
- Designs and delivers on appropriate Business to Business (B2B) opportunities, annually or as more frequently as appropriate.
- Conducts regular outreach to independent physicians in our primary service areas to develop safe and effective systems of care for our shared patients, and seeking to grow these relationships.
- Monitors and reports growth using appropriate software applications.
- Works with Marketing to monitor and manage brand strength in our service areas, and make recommendations as needed.
- Monitors outcomes of patients to ensure superior quality functional outcomes.
- Effectively and appropriately communicates financial data and operational indicators to diverse audiences.
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors critical numbers in the unit's financial performance and takes actions to reverse negative trends.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Demonstrates commitment to superior customer experiences with a service-oriented attitude.
- Collaborates with others to coordinate care, resolve concerns/complaints, and address the needs of patients, families, staff, and physicians.
- Considers patient/staff safety, takes initiative to identify and eliminate risks, and educates patients, families and team in those strategies.
- Respects and considers patient/family cultural preferences, goals, and privacy when planning/delivering cultural competent care/service.
Accountability & Productivity
- Builds strong working relationships with co-workers and other staff, recognizing individual talents and perspectives.
- Identifies, analyzes, and solves problems.
- Communicates professionally and appropriately in a respectful manner and listens objectively.
- Values individual talents and abilities and seeks out the diverse perspectives of all staff.
Personal Growth & Development
- Accepts responsibility for decisions/actions.
- Meets departmental productivity requirements.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to effectively and successfully execute responsibilities.
- Adheres to regulatory, hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Complies with standards of business conduct, and state/federal regulations and guidelines.
- Takes advantage of learning opportunities, structured and unstructured, to improve effectiveness in all aspects of job performance.
- Competently utilizes specific technological applications to accomplish educational and performance goals.
- Communicates regularly regarding goals, expectations, and performance, addressing issues appropriately and timely.
- Participates in developing effective budgets and successfully performs against them.
- Ensures to diversify applicant candidate pool while making sound hiring decisions and ensures new hires are appropriately oriented to the position including hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Leads a culture of change and provides staff with opportunities for career development and advancement
- Adheres to SMHC's Code of Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Job Code: 116382
Posted On: 01/01/19
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Management, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info