Welders - Day, Night and Weekend Shift
ALCOM Inc. | Winslow, ME
The Welder is responsible for performing tasks involved in the production of bases and frames of aluminum trailers. This includes measuring, cutting, and welding of aluminum.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Reads and follows blueprints and work orders ensuring a quality product that meets customer demands.
- Welds different facets of a trailer, including but not limited to: tacking, clamping, and welding with proper bead size on bases and cages in accordance with the work order; ensures quality of welds for structural integrity.
- Obtains raw materials from Material Handlers.
- Buffs out rough edges using a hand-held power grinder.
- Notifies supervisor of any mechanical or material issues including but not limited to, defects in material, damage to the trailer, and deviations from work order.
- Ensures that finished product meets quality expectations. Strives for the highest level of quality and understands the need for continuous improvement; supports the concept of “good enough is never good enough”.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area; works to minimize scrap, places unused material back in appropriate area, and disposes of waste appropriately.
- Follows all safety procedures, wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and reports any accidents or near misses to supervisor immediately.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Minimum: previous welding experience and ability to read a tape measure.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment helpful
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to work quickly without sacrificing quality or safety
- Must have a keen understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to measure and cut accurately
- Must possess the ability to creatively think and solve problems
- Ability to read blueprints and work orders accurately
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment
- Strong time management and organizational abilities.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Standing – up to 80%
- Walking – up to 80%
- Pushing and pulling – up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Lifting – approximately 55% during the shift
- 25 pounds constantly
- 50 pounds frequently
- 100 pounds occasionally
- Bending – up to 30%
- Climbing ladders and/or scaffolding – approximately 30%
- Crouching – up to 30%
- Kneeling – up to 50%
- Sight with ability to distinguish color
- Above average coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot and balance
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers with average repetition
- Driving seated – up to 50%
- Perception of sound is required
- Exposure to weather – position is 100% outside
- Above average endurance