Bucksport Regional Health Center
Dental Assistant - Bucksport, MEBucksport, ME 04416
Entry Level (<2 years experience)
The Dental Assistant directly assists Dentist in the delivery of dental care to patients.
Assist in the preparation of the dental office for the day.
Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
Cleans and sterilizes dental instruments according to infection control protocols and on a regular schedule.
Takes and prepares x-rays for dentist review and reference using dental radiology standards.
Mixes dental materials appropriately.
Escorts patient to treatment room and prepares patient for the dentist and the applicable procedure(s).
Updates patient's medical history; takes and records blood pressure and pulse.
Assists dentist at chair side in four-handed dentistry techniques; anticipates dentist's needs while at chair side.
Assists Dental Hygienist as needed with charting and set-up/sterilization of hygiene treatment rooms and equipment.
Provides patient education as appropriate to the situation, and encourages good home oral hygiene.
Maintains safe, clean and organized working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; etc.
Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; performs year-end inventory.
May fill in at front desk as needed.
Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
++QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION++:Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- At least one year of experience as a Dental Assistant strongly preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and other employees.
- Ability to communicate and present information.
- Ability to read, interpret, understand and apply clinical policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
- Dental assistant training strongly preferred.
Current State of Maine radiology license required.