Bucksport Regional Health Center
Director of Finance/Chief Finance OfficerBucksport, ME 04416
NOTE: ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO BE COVID-19 VACCINATED PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT
The Director of Finance/Chief Financial Officer is responsible for overseeing the financial condition of the Health Center by tracking and reporting financial results, preparing financial projections, and implementing corrective action as needed; works to maximize financial performance by working closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO); responsible for all business office activities, including accounting, financial reporting, annual audit, insurance credentialing, and some Human Resource duties including employee benefits administration.
Serves as a member of the Senior Management Team to develop and implement strategies for achieving the Health Center's mission, vision and goals, as well as ensuring financial viability.
Develops and implements financial strategies in keeping with the organization's strategic plan.
Coordinates the annual fiscal budgeting process; assists department managers, produces drafts and the final budget for review by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and presents recommendations to the Board.
Prepares grant budgets, processes and tracts grant revenue and expenditures for all HRSA Grants applications and budgets, as well as all budget needs for any grants.
Monitors the allocation of funds and expenditures against the budget; provides monthly and annual data, reports, analysis, projections and interpretations. Prepares finance reports for, and attends, Finance Committee Meetings including Board reports.
Manages daily cash flow and borrowing needs; works with bank(s) on finance options as needed; makes deposits, and reconciles all cash, checking, investments and other accounts.
Works as a member of the senior management team to develop and implement new programs, products and services, including mergers and acquisitions.
Develops and operates all fiscal management reporting and control systems.
Works to gain full potential of computer system, new billing EMR and Peachtree accounting; supervises staff in its use.
Ensures that the Health Center maximizes all use of revenue, patient, contract, and grant revenues.
Provides supervision of all finance and billing staff; Senior Accountant, Payroll & Benefits Assistant, Billing Manager and Billing department, Patient Account Representatives.
Supervises all finance and billing processes, including accounts payable, account receivable, HR payroll, benefits and deductions, provider insurance credentialing and all required processes.
Collects data, prepares reports, answers correspondence; compiles and analyzes statistics.
Oversees End of Month Financial, monthly summary, balance, revenue and expense statements.
Works with auditor to maintain accurate, timely, and appropriate financial records and controls; prepares for all audits; ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations.
Serves as Retirement Plan Administrator; ensures compliance. .
Supervises all personnel management systems including benefits administration, personnel records, time sheets, vacation and other leave time, etc.
Works with the senior management team to resolve patient complaints and other problems.
Participates in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in business administration.
Performs the usual duties of a manager, including hiring, scheduling, supervising, delegating, training, developing and evaluating subordinate staff; resolves human resource issues; maximizes employee performance and morale; keeps staff informed on goals, expectations and issues.
- Assists the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operations Officer (COO) with projects and other activities as assigned.
Be committed to the mission of the Bucksport Regional Health Center.
Oversee and work as a member of the Administrative team in the performance of duties.
Work in harmonious relationships with all staff, patients, vendors and others.
Maintain confidentiality and protect the Center by keeping information concerning Operations, patients and employees confidential.
Participation in community activities as a representative of Bucksport Regional Health Center.
Work is performed primarily in an office setting. Noise level is usually quiet. Employee must be available to work extra hours as needed, including evenings, weekends, and travel in and out of state.
++*PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: *++The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, including operation of a standard computer keyboard; reach with hands and arms and talk, see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
++QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION++:Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- At least 5-7 years of progressively-responsible experience in accounting, business office management, or equivalent experience.
- An extensive understanding of the FQHC environment, government funding and compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies is preferred.
- Skills: Financial Planning and Strategy, Managing the Bottom Line, Strategic Planning, Quality Management, Process Improvement, Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets, Financial Management, Dealing with Complexity
- Knowledge of human resources preferred.
- Expertise using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software products required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all constituencies, including patients, employees, board members, regulatory agencies, and the community at large.
- Exceptional communication skills, including oral, in writing, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional decision making and problem solving skills.
- Time management, organization and prioritization skills.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- A Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or an appropriate related field, or the equivalent in a closely-related and extensive finance/accounting work experience is required.
Excellent and Competitive Benefits:
* Paid time off
* Holiday time
* 401K match
* Short term disability
* Life Insurance
* Health Insurance
* Dental insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Sams Club Membership
* Employee Discounts for Services