General Dynamics - Bath Iron Works
Become a part of the "Bath-Built is Best Built" tradition. Bath Iron Works is seeking someone who enjoys a dynamic high-energy, high-impact environment to join its Estimating team. In this unique role you'll have extensive exposure to our Navy customer, our exciting ships, and the value chain that makes it all happen. The role's core responsibilities include:
• Developing cost proposals for new Navy and commercial work with accurate, achievable hour/material cost estimates
• Reviewing / researching historical data and compiling summary reports to develop and maintain installation standards for use in estimating change work
• Preparing estimates by calculating various statistical data such as costs per labor hour
• Creating financial models utilizing Excel functions and/or Access data queries
• Verifying change work scope via shipchecks and technical drawing reviews
• 3 - 5 years of shipyard manufacturing experience and a High School Diploma, or
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or other Technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience with demonstrated experience working in an analytical capacity required. Financial model development experience is desired.
Estimating Analyst III:
- 5 years of experience in a technical field, business (Cost Accounting or Finance), or manufacturing field.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced Excel, and/or Access ability
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Financial model development experience is strongly desired.
- Must be eligible to obtain a security clearance
NOTE: You will be taken to our portal website to complete this action.
Job Code: 2023-3579
Posted On: March 16, 2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Status: full-time
Similar Jobs: general-business, Nearby 04530